Sunday, March 18, 2012

Re: [papercreters] Spaceman's posts



There's no accounting for the vagaries of the interwebs. I wish confuzers were more consistent like papercrete. With pc I know I can take 100# of paper, 100# of portland cement, 5# of borax, 175 gallons of water, and 1/4 gallon of gas and turn it into some good building material. Not so with confuzers. Twice in the last 24 hours my best box has locked up, and after a hard reboot has informed me it "restarted" because windoze updated. Never mind that I have it set to ask first. Each time took a couple of additional reboots before things started working again. If the software I need had an equivalent linux version, I would never again have a m$ product anywhere near me. </rant mode>

However, that doesn't fix this issue. Any ideas out there?


Ron Richter wrote:

Well, this one is fine.  The one with the truck no-tow mixer picture was fine, but the one you sent at 11:30 that starts out "Duh, I guess I didn't read that too clearly." today ran off the page.  Interesting.


From: spaceman <Spaceman@starship-enterprises.net>
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2012 1:40 PM
Subject: Re: [papercreters] Spaceman's posts

 
I just migrated my mail to a new confuzer in the last couple of days, but that has been a recurring issue with thunderbird and yahoo for a long time. On some groups my posts refuse to be quoted. It's nothing I have done on purpose, and I haven't found any settings to fix it. Surely I'm not the only one using thunderbird for mail. I do run a very high screen resolution for graphics editing, but I don't see how that would affect how the yahooligans handle my mail.



Ron Richter wrote:
Spaceman,
Some of your posts trail off to the right so far they are a bugger to read, while others fit on a page just fine.  Do you use different computers to post your thoughts?  Does anyone else see his posts like I do or do I possibly have a problem with my computer settings?  All the other posts coming from all over the country seem to fit on a page as far as I can tell.
Ron
|**|begin egp html banner|**|  


No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4878 - Release Date: 03/18/12



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___