Friday, March 30, 2012

Re: [papercreters] Re: Top bar honeybee hive made of papercrete



I don't understand your question.  Oh...wait...I get it.  You're being a SMART ASS.  Well thanks for all your help.  Or should I say, lack thereof.  OK.  Let me put this out there.  I'm new to the papercrete world, and have been doing some research on the subject, lots of reading, but no hands-on experience.  I'm putting together the needed materials for my first papercrete project - the papercrete top bar beehive because I read that large flower pots can be made by papercreting so why not a top bar beehive?  My mixing vessel will be a 15 gallon HDPE tank and will probably be using a stationary electric drill as my mixing motor (yes, I know, probably underpowered, but I 've got to try somewhere before my inventive mind goes elsewhere).  I'm looking at the possibility of getting some pumice to lighten the end product, but evidently there's none of it to be had in the East Coast (I'm in Maryland), though US Pumice in the West Coast is sending me a sample.  If anyone knows of a reliable source of pumice, preferably pumice sand, or pea-size aggregate (1/4"), in the Maryland area, please let me know.  Thanks to all of you in advance.  Well, all of you except the above-mentioned smart ass.
 
Raf

From: "prrr.t21@btinternet.com" <prrr@talk21.com>
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 4:56 AM
Subject: [papercreters] Re: Top bar honeybee hive made of papercrete

 
How long's a piece of string?

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "Flea" <fleaflier@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Y'all:
>
> I'm a top bar bee keeper and I've been thinking of molding a beehive out of papercrete. Thinking of placing chicken wire inside the walls for tewnsile strength, but would like to go as light as possible, while keeping the elements out. Any recipe ideas to suggest?
>
> Raf
>





__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___