Saturday, March 3, 2012

Re: [papercreters] Re: papercrete mobile building or rv type of trailer



Yes, Nolan and Bob. In the group photos I'm pretty sure there are pictures of Bob spraying an armature made from maybe 6x6x6 reinforcement wire and then covered with mesh. Now you're talking! Lightweight fairly thin walls and roof that aren't likely to fall apart from road vibration. I went to look for the photos but I kept getting distracted looking at all the great projects and finally pulled myself out of there to finish this post.

On 3/3/2012 8:01 PM, JUDITH WILLIAMS wrote:

in the ratio of about 2:1 paper to cement

Are you talking about a ratio figured in weight? I never had a scale out at the site so don't know how that worked for me. I used a stack of paper about 24" high to 1/2 bag of cement.

I like your idea about pouring it the way you describe. What if a grid-like form was used and the papercrete sprayed on the way Nolan Sheid does it. Think of the shapes you could make.





__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___