Friday, March 2, 2012

[papercreters] Re: SG, etc.

I'm sorry to hear that the best thing that has happened in a long time for you is that you've heard from me.

I hear from me every day, and I can tell you, it's not that much fun to listen to. Kinda pathetic really. I hope you find better things to listen to than me. Have you considered a radio or an ipod? For that matter, you live in the desert. I imagine rain storms would be a rather pleasant event. Perhaps you should take the time to open a window on the downwind side, the next time a rain storm blows over, and sit quietly and listen to it. Just listen. I'm sure it will sound better than a schmuck like me.


Good to hear that you have been making progress.

It would be even better to see photos of that progress. (Hint Hint -- Nudge Nudge)

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, JUDITH WILLIAMS <williams_judith@...> wrote:
>
>
> Well I must say that hearing from Slurryguy is one of the best things to happen in an long time. I have a feeling there will be renewed interest in the group, people checking in, updates and lots more.
> As far as updates on my project, I have the biggest part of the construction done. I will have to beef up the roof - no leaks but I feel it should be thicker. I threw a few old panels up there when I was cleaning up the yard. I will mix up a batch of slurry and affix everything.
> The other little building is up all the way but is totally unfinished. It needs the fireplace built and doors installed. Then interior plaster and the floor.
> After searching for a cabinet that might work as a kitchen sink base I decided to go ahead and build one. So that is started. I made a huge mistake trying to seal the walls with a mixture of 1 part vegetable oil to 2 parts milk. The mix was fine and seems to be adequate however the nozzle on the sprayer wasn't working right so it didn't spray on evenly. I think I'll just make up some more and sponge it on.
> I'm really looking forward to staying up there as soon as the weather gets a little better. I'm house/dog sitting this week but plan to get set up when I get home.
> Well that's it for now. I have to discipline myself to post to the blog soon. I am so bad at that.......
>
>
>
> Follow progress on the new project at http://www.papercretebyjudith.com/blog
>
> More papercrete info at http://squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/