Saturday, March 3, 2012

[papercreters] Re: Not missing in action, just on extended leave.

Welcome to the group.

Whether you build an art project out of papercrete, or perhaps build a small structure, like a garden shed, everyone must start somewhere. The beauty of papercrete is that it can be formed and molded into pretty much any shape you desire, so you can have a lot of fun being creative. No need to build a boring box. Someone with enough artistic skill could probably make a papercrete garden shed shaped like just about anything.

I hope you will keep us advised. There are a lot of great people on this group that would be happy to advise you in all things papercrete.

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, Teri Kuiper <teri@...> wrote:
>
> \
> << What is everyone planning?
>
> Hi all!
> New person here. I haven't had a change to go through the archives yet,
> but hope to in the not too distant future. Meanwhile, I write today from
> my residency at a college in Vermont. I arrived yesterday. My area of
> interest is sustainability. Papercreting, of course meshes well with this.
>
>
> I have ample credits toward all disciplines except the arts, so my
> challenge for the semester is to incorporate an arts passion with
> sustainability. I would be grateful for any and all ideas on how to
> potentially satisfy this aspect through papercreting.
>
> I do NOT mean to say that a house or other structure built of papercrete is
> not art. Of course it is. I am just not sure that I can come in as a new
> person and build a house of papercrete in a semester. :)
>
> Would love any ideas.
>
> Thanks!
> Teri, who is so excited about all this!
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/