Sunday, March 18, 2012

[papercreters] Re: MIXERS;

A treadmill might not do the job but obviously it wouldn't support the weight of a mixer. You'd have to rig a way to tension the belt against the tire. I can pull my mixer around by hand but I can't stop a treadmill so I think it might work on some scale.

I just found two free treadmills within 10 minutes of home on craigslist so it would be a cheap amusement if nothing else. ;)

The tow mixer is pure genius.
I built one about 4 years ago as soon as I saw how it worked, not that I've done a whole lot with it so far. I've made a few loads and frames for blocks. Every now n then I pick one up and I'm still fascinated by the process and the relative durability of the finished product.

Since I've been lurking around here the process has gone from blocks to spray to forms. If the rest of you keep making breakthroughs my dream shop will build itself someday. :O

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/