Saturday, March 17, 2012

[papercreters] First Time PC Wall: Block or Slip?

Spring has sprung in the Midwest and I'm installing a French drain on the upslope side of my 50' x 16' garden.

My garden sits at the low-end of my downsloping backyard, terraced on 3-sides 6" landscape timbers. But anytime we get a decent rain, water flows down the yard, over the edging, and through my garden and out the other side, often taking my topsoil and mulch with it.

Since I'm going to be laying down a bed of gravel anyway, I was thinking of adding a small retaining / decorative wall as well. Such would be my very first PC project. I've been saving paper all winter.

My question for those more experienced than I is, given a wall 50' long, 8" wide, 2' high, would it be better for me to build the wall with PC block or PC slip-form techniques? Again, the wall is mostly for decoration and perhaps some water diversion in a heavy rain, but it won't be a retaining or load-bearing wall.

Thanks!

Dan

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/