Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Re: [papercreters] Question for Mikey

Hi Connie,


I better clarify. 

I have a low end setup for both pumping and spraying. When I pump papercrete which means just taking it from the mixer to the destination (filling my domes) I use a Multiquip QP-3TE. It is a 3" trash pump that will cost you about $1200 new.

When I spray papercrete (like a stucco) I use the tirolessa sprayer combined with a large 60 gallon 220V air compressor. This costs just under $1,000. $220 for the tirolessa and $700 for the compressor. 

If we were talking about higher end pumps such as Nolan suggested earlier today or the mortar/stucco pump thread that was $5600+ then you can pump and spray with one unit. 

My setup is pretty ghetto in terms of what a contractor should be using. However, if you are just going to build a home for yourself maybe it would work for you too. I have been warned that trash pumps die from pumping lots of papercrete. Also my air compressor is not really portable. It would have been nice to have one that I could easily move to different projects. 

On May 13, 2008, at 9:53 PM, Robert & Connie wrote:

Mikey, that sprayer link above is just too rich for my blood.  We are 
looking for a sprayer.  Can you tell us where you got the "inexpensive" 
garbage pump you mentioned in some posts a while back?  Can you post a 
link?  Did you use a Tirolessa sprayer with that or a different one?  
If a different one, can you list that and where to get one?

Thanks.

Connie


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:



__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___