Sunday, May 25, 2008

Re: [papercreters] PAHS

Are you sure you're not confusing that with the 9' that heat travels in six months? 
 
The Mueller's tubes are 4' down.  The insulation is under the slab over the pipes and extends out to the sides sufficient to have a distance of 9' from the tube to the edge of the insulation.  If you put your tubes down further, you will require less or no insulation.
 
Does that help?
 
ElfN
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, May 25, 2008 1:23 PM
Subject: RE: [papercreters] PAHS

I thought I read in some of Don's stuff that the tubes needed to be about 8'  I am hoping no more because my little compact backhoe is pretty much maxed out at 8'.  I will need to insulate my runs to the house I think just because of the distance from my collectors in order to get the elevation.

 

Nick

__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___