Tuesday, May 6, 2008

[papercreters] Thank You . . . What a great group!

I've been following this list for a few weeks & really enjoy all that
is getting contributed. I am seriously looking at the PeaceWeavers
Natural Building Colloquium as a sort of present to myself.

My interest in papercrete is for use in a challenging climate,
Minnesota. The currently popular models of housing in this area
aren't working so well, issues with energy use, indoor environment
quality, affordability, the works.

Since my house burned up last summer, I've been sorting out the
question "what do I really want in a home?" while working out what I
really did lose with the insurance company. Fire resistant is high on
the list for my next home.

I drove to New Mexico to stand in & touch earthships & met people at
Harmony Village in Golden, Colorado to know more about co-housing and
liked what I saw in that intentional neighborhood.

I'm rounding up co-conspirators to build some 'experimental' smart
structures that will satisfy code requirements, work with our local
climate, maybe eliminate the concept of 'waste' while creating living
& working spaces for thriving families.

The Chevy truck rear axle is at the welders place to become a 200-300
gallon blender. Recipes being gathered, site sketches & ideas
forming, people are starting to talk, think & move.

I really appreciate how inspiring you all are and your courage to try
something, work it out, messes & all.

Thanks,

Dave S.
Buffalo, MN


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/