Saturday, May 17, 2008

[papercreters] 55 gallon mixer

Thanks to those that supplied input (and links) on the 55 gallon mixer I want to make. You have given me some "meat" to chew on and items to take into consideration.
 
One of the luxuries of being retired is I have the time to "think an idea through" before I do anything.
 
I want to use a 10 HP gas motor (which I already have) for power so there will be some mobility with it. Using an electrical motor would limit that ability, besides if my feeble memory serves me correctly, water and electricity don't mix too well. And I know me, I'm one of those type of people that would stick their finger into that gray box on the wall and say -- what does this zzzzzzzz#$**)@#$ wire do. Of course that would be after I pick myself up off the ground.
 
Having been a diesel mechanic most of my working career, I guess I'll just have to do a guestamation with reverse engineering on a trany / axle / speed calculation to get an approximate RPM and then see how close I can get to that.
 
My head is already beginning to hurt with all of this thinking. Remember I'm retired, things are supposed to slow down when you retire.
 
Again thanks to all for the input.
__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___